Welcome to Eastern Suburbs Pre-Primary School
Eastern Suburbs Pre-Primary School established in 1937 is one of the oldest and longest running Pre-primary Schools in the city of Pretoria.
Our mission is to nurture, love, educate, lead and teach pre-primary school children everything that they will need to know before entering their formal school years, so that this transition is done with ease and comfort, and that children are all ready, as confident, kind, well-disciplined, respectful and well-mannered youngsters, to start their process of formal learning.
- We take children from 12 months to 6 years old (Grade R / 0)
- We open at 07h00 Monday to Friday. ½ day until 13h30, full day until 17h00.
- School is open for holiday school for Eastern Suburbs children, during Government school holidays
- Qualified teachers and assistants in each class.
- Very spacious grounds, with lots of activities for the children.
We also have a qualified Speech and Language therapist on our premises.
She assists with children who are battling to talk, and she also gives language enrichment classes for children who need to improve their English language skills before they start with their formal schooling.
Eastern Suburbs Pre-Primary School is 81 years old. We opened our doors for the first time in January 1937. We haven’t closed our doors to children since then, and we are still extremely proud of our heritage, we strive daily to keep our upstanding name as a pre-school in Pretoria, we work hard at offering a very high level of education for our young children, mixed in with plenty of extremely important play time, and we absolutely love our spacious, well established grounds, where we can offer lots of activities and space for the children to run around, grow and feel free.
Years in existance
Max amount of children per class
Children over the years
SOME OF OUR ACTIVITIES AND SCHOOL RULES :
We make sure that our educational programme is always of a very high standard.
Our classrooms are light and spacious and there is plenty of space for children to develop and grow, and to play, which is so vitally important to their development.
Our daily programme offers plenty of opportunity for kids to play, explore and to discover. We have educational apparatus that is continually being upgraded so that we can offer the children only the best !
A different theme is presented to the classes every week and all the activities centre around that theme. There is a “news ring” in the morning as well a table discussion, which is also centered around the weekly theme.
This gives the child a chance to develop their speech and word vocabulary as well as their language abilities in English
- Wonderful art activities are set out every day for the children, and they love the play dough, they love learning to cut, painting is so exciting, they love to use their imagination whilst drawing or colouring in, and they also enjoy the sticking activities which are presented for them during class activity time in the mornings
- A music or movement lesson is also offered, and after outside play time, a story and a rest peacefully ends the daily programme.
- Our extra-mural activities ~ Playball, Ballet and Judo, are offered in the mornings, on the school premises. These activities are not part of the school curriculum, so payments are separate to the school fees, and these payments are made directly to the coaches or teachers concerned.
- Professional puppet shows come to entertain all our children, at least once every term. Fansa promotions also put on wonderful shows for the school.
We constantly keep in touch with parents via our weekly Monday newsletters. Newsletters are also posted onto our Website weekly.
Our Website will also inform you of all the events and happenings here at the school. We try and encourage parent involvement as much as possible, bearing in mind that time is limited and precious in today’s society! We have a lot more information to share with you, but the above is just a little introduction and as we get to know you all better, and you feel more at home, we will give you additional information via the newsletter or the Website.
Monthly school fees are invoiced from January to November at present, either for half day (until 13h30) or for full day (until 17h00).
We also have a compulsory “Art + Outing levy” for the year, which is used to pay for the children’s photos, the shows / puppet shows at the school, as well as all the art supplies that the children use during the year for their daily art activities.
- HALF day, R2 554 PER MONTH (half day ends at 13h30).
- FULL day, R3 433 PER MONTH (full day ends at 17h00).
Each of our 5 classes has a qualified teacher, as well as an assistant, with no more than 25 children in the class. We have 5 classes at Eastern Suburbs – a class for children from 12 months to 2 years, a class for children who are 2 turning 3 years old in that year, a Grade 000 class for children 3 years turning 4, a Grade 00 class for children who are 4 turning 5 years old during the year, and a Grade 0 class for children who turn 6 in that year.
As mentioned earlier, children have time to work inside, doing activities that help build up and develop their fine motor skills, as well as plenty of outside play time, where they build up their gross motor skills, develop strength, and learn to socialise and share games and ideas with their friends.
Each day is very balanced for the children, and they all find something that they enjoy doing best.
All the teachers at Eastern Suburbs are trained to work with children. Our teachers from Grade 000 to Grade 0 are qualified teachers, who all have a mission.
That mission is to nurture, love, educate, lead and teach pre-primary school children everything that they will need to know before entering their formal school years, so that this transition is done with ease and comfort, and that children are all ready, as confident, kind, well-disciplined, respectful and well-mannered youngsters, to start their process of formal learning..
Eastern Suburbs Pre-Primary School
154 Duxbury Rd, Hillcrest, Pretoria
Tel: 012 362 0312
Cell: 079 047 5313